Em final de janeiro veio ao mundo o single de estreia totalmente DIY dos estadunidenses do Witness 9.
De cara virou predileto do TBTCI, shoegazer climático quase kraut, muito longe das viagens etéreas e e pouco momentos ficando mais estridente, o Witness 9 cadencia suas viagens deixando-as densas e envolventes.
Se faz necessário mais material dos caras imediatamente.
Q. When did Witness 9 started, tell us about the history...
1. Witness 9 was started by Acacia & myself as a two-piece band in our old appartment in 2012. We knew of Ryan and Kyle through a past band they were in and had talked about them joining us to solidify a full band lineup...the rest is history.
Q: Who are your influences?
2. Our influences probably all vary by member but my main influences at least towards the stuff I write comes from No Wave bands like Sonic Youth & Live Skull. But we all love shoegaze as well. Bands like Swirlies, Bowery Electric, Catherine Wheel etc...
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3. Top 5 records in no particular order:
Sonic youth-- Sister
Smashing pumpkins-- Saimese Dream
Fugazi-- The Argument
Can-- Ege Bamyasi
Joy Division-- Unknown Pleasures
Q. How do you feel playing live?
4. We love playing live. There's a certain point when you reach a certain level of volume live where the damaging of your ears can be quite soothing.
Q. How do you describe Witness 9 sounds?
5. Punishing to the ears. Sweet to the soul.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6. We haven't recorded anything in a studio yet. Kyle and myself have "engineered" DIY recordings that we have done in our basement ourselves.
Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
6. Creepoid, Tennis System, Chill Pill.
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
7. Marcy playground
Q: What´s the plans for future....
8. Keep playing, play out of town, record a vinyl release....
Q: Any parting words?
9. P.s. I love futbol.