quarta-feira, 18 de novembro de 2015

Post-Creation with The Julia Sound - An Interview


Experimentações, colagens, samples, no wave, art rock, post punk, tudo isso e mais um pouco de freaknices esta inserido dentro do espectro sonoro do excêntrico, The Julia Sound.

Poucas ou quase nenhuma informações a respeito do que e quem é a banda, mas o TBTCI tenta abrir um pouco do peculiar universo sonoro e excitante do The Julia Sound.

Entrar e fácil, agora sair, já nem tanto assim. Boa viagem.

***** Interview with The Julia Sound *****


Q: When did The Julia Sound start? Tell us about the history…
The Julia Sound started when I was living in a small flat in London back in 2011…I had been working on a few projects and live shows in years prior to this but when TJS started there in Whitechapel, I wanted to create a more independent and original sound and immediately began to develop the formula.

Q: Who are your influences?
I’m influenced mainly by a lot of 80’s obscurities and a few more well-known for the time. Artists from Kan Kan, Scars, Blue in Heaven, Rexy, Sudden Sway, etc. to artists like Takahashi Yukihiro, Shimizu Yasuaki and Kurozumi Kengo. I’m also a big fan of Christian Marclay and The Jesus & Mary Chain. Craig Lorentson (from the band Lowlife) is a big influence on my singing style…R.I.P, mate..

Q: Make a list of 5 albums of all time…
That’s extremely difficult but here’s five off the top of my head:
Lowlife - The Black Album
The Jesus & Mary Chain - Cutmedeadnailmedownandkickmyhead
The Zarjaz - La Leggenda
Del Block (Editio Princeps)
Orchestre Rouge - Yellow Laughter
Citizen King - Brown Bag LP

Q: How do you feel playing live?
I love playing live; it’s a very thrilling experience. A lot of venues are afraid to have me though. They’ve just about banned me due to the loud levels of feedback and the fact that I’ve been known to destroy my own gear, sometimes theirs, if I’m really focused emotionally on the music.

Q: How do you describe The Julia Sound sounds?
It’s hard to say really, I've a hard time trying to categorise it myself. It's classic UK post-punk that meets shoegaze and the Avant-garde arts. (Some people think it also fits into the old no-wave movement too.) Very noisy stuff when it wants to be and it involves a lot of sampling & turntablism..


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs?
I wish I could explain this better…there are a few different paths I take but it all starts out beforehand with a walk to somewhere naturous and a deep savouring of my solitude.

Q: Which new bands do you recommended?
I unfortunately don’t listen to much current music these days. Still stuck in the past.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
I’m stuck between a few. I’d love to work on a Lowlife, Victorian Parents or a Martin Dupont cover..I have a few in mind.

Q: What´s the plans for the future...…?
Just wait and see; there’s a lot of exciting things going about but I’ve got to keep it quiet for now.

Q: Any parting words?
To quote Heraclitus: “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.”
*
*
*
Thanks

https://thejuliasound.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/The-Julia-Sound-328927210492699/