quinta-feira, 2 de fevereiro de 2017

Fireworks with The Woods - An Interview


Hoje é dia de novidades aqui nas páginas do TBTCI, leia-se novidades, bandas novíssimas, sem qualquer registro oficial por enquanto. Caso do canadense Kyle Stallings e seu projeto The Woods.

Por hora, o The Woods soltou suas demos em sua página no Bandcamp. Três exercícios de como transformar referências de indie rock, shoegaze, dream pop, conduzido por eletronices diversas, dando uma cara moderna e um jeitão cantarolável, por vezes lembrando o que os Flaming Lips tem feito atualmente.

Pelas demos dá pra sacar que o The Woods tem muito potencial, aguardemos os próximos passos.

***** Interview with The Woods *****


Q. When did The Woods start? Tell us about the history...
The Woods is a project that I started a year ago. Prior to this, I had been making electronic music under the moniker, Ewokie Talkie, which has been going for about 5 years. I started feeling really burnt out and felt like everything I was making was a bit stale. That day, I started tinkering with some chords on my guitar and then “Give a Little” came from it. The project pretty much stemmed from that song and the desire to be a bit more expressive.

Q: Who are your influences?
The Smiths, Flying Lotus, My Bloody Valentine, Elliott Smith, and Radiohead are probably in my top tier of artists that have inspired me. It’s kind of hard to narrow it down so I’ll just keep it at 5.

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
Damn that's hard.

Elliott Smith - Figure 8
Flying Lotus - Los Angeles
My Blood Valentine - Loveless
Radiohead - OK Computer
Panda Bear - Person Pitch

Q. How do you feel playing live?
Haven’t played any of The Woods stuff out yet. Hoping to begin that later this year.


Q. How do you describe The Woods sounds?
Nocturnal, sometimes electronic, post rock with lots of textures and layers.

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
It usually just starts with guitar riffs. I’ll play some chords and record it then start experimenting with synth sounds and percussion.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
Cave of Swords, Hands and Feet, Golden Curls, Aquarian Sun, Stella, and Thunder Dreamer. Half of those bands are in a collective from St. Louis called Far Fetched, and the other half are from the town I live in.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
The Woods

Q: What are your plans for the future?
I really just want to keep writing songs and start considering the best ways to perform this live as a solo act. If not, I’ll probably put a band together to pull it off.

Q: Any parting words?
Thanks for taking interest.
*
*
*
Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/gotothewoods1
https://gotothewoods.bandcamp.com/releases